Tuesday, March 10, 2009

it's so greecy

So I watched Mama Mia! a few weeks ago, the musical based on the music of ABBA. After watching this surprisingly entertaining piece of work I came to two conclusions; First, Pierce Brosnan should never sing, and Second, I need to go to Greece. The weather, the culture, the history. All good things in my opinion.
After coming to this revelation and sharing it with no one my darling
Wonder Woman tells me that there is a charity marathon to be held in, you guessed it, Greece. In November no less, a great time to get away from some Sackscratchewan weather. The charity is diabetes and the amount needed is about $6,000.00 , and not to mention the ability to RUN a marathon.(not walk, not ride a bike, not drive drinking a Slurpee with the air conditioning on listening to your favorite "jam" on the radio. RUN)
Fund raising for a cause like diabetes is a noble affair all on it's own, and training to be able to run a marathon would definitely be a big boost to my, I can do anything, factor. throw in the fact that I could get to go to Greece in the beginning of winter and I think I have found something to drive me, physically, spiritually, and sexually.( I mean come on, being able to run a marathon and taking a vacation at the same time, as if my wife isn't gonna have a bit of an uncomfortable tingle on the plane ride home. I AM THOR, "your thor, I can't even pith")
I'm bracing myself for all the "you gotta be nut's" and "you'll never do it" comments. And personally all who think that way can righteously KISS MY ARSE!
Running a marathon is a great goal to set, I'm not planning on winning the thing, I just want to finish without stopping. That'd be cool!

Till Later
THOR

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

You will want to stop a few times just to walk and stretch out those muscles...

Speaking of muscles, "Hard n Hungry" come to mind...

YOU GOTTA BE INSANE!!!!!

I wanted to be your first, at something ;-)