Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What I hated about School

ENGLISH CLASS.
Thats it, english class in high school was the worst,mostly because of the teacher I had. She was an uppity, snoot of an old englishwoman who had no desire to teach if there was any type of problem.
I'll explain this a bit more, it involves a bit o' background though so bare :) with me, when I was nine my family moved from B.C. to Sask. In B.C. skool I was still printing everything, in Sask. skool they were writing everything. I had missed a valuable step in there somewhere, the learning HOW to write part. bringing me to my english class dilema Everyone said my writing was awfull, especially miss snooty pants, and nobody did anything to help me relearn. so there I was, messy writing, not too sure how to fix it on my own, getting POUNDED with statements like, That writings attrocious, why don't you just print, you'll hafto redo everything because I can't read that, and my alltime favorite, I think your functionally illiterate with writing like that ( that one was my Mom).
So i did what any self respecting defiant teenager would. I left it messy.
I've come to realize that now in my later mid thirty's that my writing's not messy or illegable it's just quite unique. all my h's look the same all my n's look the same all my everything's look the same they just don't all look like everybody else's.
The reason this little outburst comes up is beecause in my current career choice I am taking a "life skills" module in my welding course and all the old walls and issues that i havn't had to deal with for twenty years or so are showing their stupid heads again.
My beautiful wife was the first, and only, person to ever say they liked my writing. I'm deciding to join her in that opinion, I like my writing too.
I really don't want a career where writing skill is a priority, I just want all the voices in my head to shut up and quit bothering me about it. I mean if i'm gonna write stuff down it's gonna be for me to look at so why not make it look the way I want.
OK i'm done and did I mention my wife's hot :)

2 comments:

manyguns said...

Come to think of it I can not remember you with pen, pencil, marker, nor quill in your posession. I did not know could write. Read, yes, of course. One learns something new everyday.

Wonder Woman said...

Awww, thanks baby...

And, just to reinforce your statements, I DO absolutely like your writing "style". You write unlike anyone and yanno, YOU are unlike anyone. I mean this is a totally flattering kinda way :)

So, *middle finger* to Miss Snooty Pants. She was probably crotchity due to her lack of a sex life, being as she was English ;)

Ahhh, to be us, glorious us!!!!!